THE APPOINTED TIMES OF THE LORD
“The Appointed Times of the Lord” are commonly known as the feasts of the Bible (Leviticus 23:2). They include Shabbat (Saturday), Pesach (Passover), Hag Hamatzot (Feast of Unleavened Bread), Yom Habikkurim (Feast of First Fruits), Shavuot (Pentecost), Yom Teruah (The Feast of Trumpets), Yom Kippur (The Day of Atonement), and Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles). These special times are relevant to both Israel and the church as they reveal God’s essence, His active presence in human history, His plan of salvation, and His timeless principles of holiness. The biblical feasts in their Jewish context help us understand and appreciate to a much greater degree the teachings of Jesus Christ and the apostles. In this panoramic course, we will explore the meaning of the Israelite feasts in their ancient Jewish context. We will also analyze the ways they were observed in the Second Temple era by Jesus and His disciples, as well as their fulfillment in Jesus’ ministry. In addition, the course will delve into the world of modern Jewish customs associated with the biblical feasts. Furthermore, we will discuss biblical prophecies shedding light on how the Appointed Times of the Lord are yet to be fulfilled in the future.
THE WAY IT WORKS
- All our classes are taught online LIVE via a simple, user-friendly, web-conferencing technology.
- Courses are designed for students of different confessional and academic backgrounds.
- Classes are taught in the Jewish context, employing ancient Semitic languages and history of biblical interpretation.
- We also aim to equip believers with apologetic tools.
- Our educational program helps build solid biblical foundations for one’s faith rooted both in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
- Courses are grounded in solid academic scholarship and geared towards practical application.
- Lectures are conducted in an interactive and engaging manner. Student participation is encouraged!
- Students are provided with free supplemental course materials.
- Each lecture runs once a week for 60–90 minutes. The course duration varies.
- No homework, no quizzes.
- All lectures are recorded and available to you. So, no worries if you miss a LIVE lecture!
- Affordable course tuition. Should you have financial difficulties but want to take our course, please contact us, and we’ll try out best to accommodate your needs.
If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
and +1(773) 451-5562 \ +1(312)-678-7418.
The course is not currently offered. Please stay tuned for the next start date!
We would like you to have the best academic experience at Yesod Bible Center. Should you find the course unfit for your educational goals, you will get a full refund after the first or second lecture. So, you will have two lectures to decide if you wish to continue taking the course. After the second lecture, the tuition is non-refundable.
If you have any concerns throughout the course, please email or call us! We will do our very best make your academic journey at Yesod Bible Center smooth and rewarding!
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 1 to 1.30 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 7
- Assessments Yes