THE STORY OF THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS
The discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls has played a pivotal role in the broader field of biblical studies. The Dead Sea Scrolls present the oldest copies of biblical manuscripts and as such shed considerable light on the textual study of the Hebrew Bible. The scrolls found in Qumran give us unprecedented insights into the world of religious thought prior to the emergence of early Christianity and rabbinic Judaism. This course examines how the Dead Sea Scrolls were unearthed and why this discovery matters to us today. It also explores what the Dead Sea Scrolls tell us about the textual accuracy of the Hebrew Bible, the Jewish world of the Second Temple period, and the Jewish roots of the New Testament.
THE WAY IT WORKS
- All our classes are taught online LIVE via a simple, user-friendly, web-conferencing technology.
- Courses are designed for students of different confessional and academic backgrounds.
- Classes are taught in the Jewish context, employing ancient Semitic languages and history of biblical interpretation.
- We also aim to equip believers with apologetic tools.
- Our educational program helps build solid biblical foundations for one’s faith rooted both in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
- Courses are grounded in solid academic scholarship and geared towards practical application.
- Lectures are conducted in an interactive and engaging manner. Student participation is encouraged!
- Students are provided with free supplemental course materials.
- Each lecture runs once a week for 60–90 minutes. The course duration varies.
- No homework, no quizzes.
- All lectures are recorded and available to you. So, no worries if you miss a LIVE lecture!
- Affordable course tuition. Should you have financial difficulties but want to take our course, please contact us, and we’ll try out best to accommodate your needs.
If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
and+1(773) 451-5562 \ +1(312)-678-7418.
The course will be offered on Wednesdays at 8 pm (New York time). Course Dates: May 8, 15, 22, 29, June 5, 19
We would like you to have the best academic experience at Yesod Bible Center. Should you find the course unfit for your educational goals, you will get a full refund after the first or second lecture. So, you will have two lectures to decide if you wish to continue taking the course. After the second lecture, the tuition is non-refundable.
If you have any concerns throughout the course, please email or call us! We will do our very best make your academic journey at Yesod Bible Center smooth and rewarding!
- Lectures 6
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 1 to 1.30 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 6
- Assessments Yes