DREAMS AND VISIONS IN THE BIBLE
This course explores key dreams and visions recorded in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament as means of divine communication within their cultural context. In this course, we will study various ancient Near Eastern perspectives on dream interpretation, as well as rabbinic and Qumranite understanding of biblical dreams. We will also reflect upon the prophetic meaning and application of such biblical dreams and visions as those of Joseph, Balaam, Solomon, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Amos, Daniel, and the apostles Paul and John. The course will also analyze various ways dreams and visions helped shape the religious thought of ancient Israel and early church.
THE WAY IT WORKS
- All our classes are taught online LIVE via a simple, user-friendly, web-conferencing technology.
- Courses are designed for students of different confessional and academic backgrounds.
- Classes are taught in the Jewish context, employing ancient Semitic languages and history of biblical interpretation.
- We also aim to equip believers with apologetic tools.
- Our educational program helps build solid biblical foundations for one’s faith rooted both in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
- Courses are grounded in solid academic scholarship and geared towards practical application.
- Lectures are conducted in an interactive and engaging manner. Student participation is encouraged!
- Students are provided with free supplemental course materials.
- Each lecture runs once a week for 60–90 minutes. The course duration varies.
- No homework, no quizzes.
- All lectures are recorded and available to you. So, no worries if you miss a LIVE lecture!
- Registration fee to cover the costs of the video conference.
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
and+1(773) 451-5562 \ +1(312)-678-7418.
The course is not currently offered. Please stay tuned for the next start date!
If you have any concerns throughout the course, please email or call us! We will do our very best make your academic journey at Yesod Bible Center smooth and rewarding!
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 1 to 1.30 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- Biblical Literature in Its Ancient Cultural Milieu
- Dreams and Dream Interpretations in Ancient Judaism
- Dreams in Genesis (Part I)
- Dreams in Genesis (Part II)
- Royal Dreams
- Nocturnal Theophanies and Visions
- Prophetic Visions
- Prophetic Visions of God and the Heavenly Host
- Dreams and Visions in the New Testament