This course aims to unlock the mysteries of Genesis by introducing the student to the Primordial and Patriarchal narratives in their historical context with an emphasis on literary structure, ancient Near Eastern context, theological concepts, and moral values. In particular, we will focus on creation, God’s image, theophany, messianic hope, sin, redemption, the enigmatic figure of Melchizedek, women in Genesis, and archeological evidence for Genesis. We will draw on the Hebrew Masoretic Text, ancient Jewish and Christian sources, and modern biblical scholarship in order to guide us in the task of interpretation and application.
THE WAY IT WORKS
- All our classes are taught online LIVE via a simple, user-friendly, web-conferencing technology.
- Courses are designed for students of different confessional and academic backgrounds.
- Classes are taught in the Jewish context, employing ancient Semitic languages and history of biblical interpretation.
- We also aim to equip believers with apologetic tools.
- Our educational program helps build solid biblical foundations for one’s faith rooted both in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
- Courses are grounded in solid academic scholarship and geared towards practical application.
- Lectures are conducted in an interactive and engaging manner. Student participation is encouraged!
- Students are provided with free supplemental course materials.
- Each lecture runs once a week for 60–90 minutes. The course duration varies.
- No homework, no quizzes.
- All lectures are recorded and available to you. So, no worries if you miss a LIVE lecture!
- Registration fee to cover the costs of the video conference.
If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
and+1(773) 451-5562 +1(312)-678-7418.
The course will be offered on Thursdays at 8 pm (New York time).
Course Dates: February 13, 20, 27, March 5, 12, 19, 26, April 2, 9, 16
If you have any concerns throughout the course, please email or call us! We will do our very best make your academic journey at Yesod Bible Center smooth and rewarding!
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 1 to 1.30 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 5
- Assessments Yes
- The Doctrine of Creation
- God’s Image in Us
- The Mystery of Religions in Genesis: Part 1
- The Mystery of Religions in Genesis: Part 2
- The Messianic Hope in Genesis: Part 1
- The Messianic Hope in Genesis: Part 2
- The Messianic Hope in Genesis: Part 3
- The Mystery of Melchizedek
- Women in Genesis
- Archeological Evidence for Genesis