NAMES OF GOD IN HEBREW: PART 2
What are the names of the God of Israel and what do they mean in the language of the Bible, Hebrew? In this course, we will study the names of God as revealed in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament. The course will make use of Biblical Hebrew to aid our understating of the unseen realm, the divine council, as well as the eternal essence of God and His work in the history of salvation. In this course, we discuss the following divine names: El Shaddai, Immanuel, the LORD Will Provide, the LORD is Our Righteousness, the LORD is My Banner, the LORD is Thy Healer, the LORD is My Shepherd, the LORD of Shalom (peace), ADONAI (Lord), the LORD is There. Some theological issues that will be discussed include the following: (1) What do the divine names reveal about God’s essence? (2) How do God’s names reveal the Messianic hope concealed in the Hebrew Bible? (3) What does it mean to call upon the name of Adonai? (4) How does the New Testament unpack the Immanuel prophecy of Isaiah? (5) How does the knowledge of God’s names help deepen our relationship with the God of Israel? NO prior knowledge of Hebrew is required.
THE WAY IT WORKS
- All our classes are taught online LIVE via a simple, user-friendly, web-conferencing technology.
- Courses are designed for students of different confessional and academic backgrounds.
- Classes are taught in the Jewish context, employing ancient Semitic languages and history of biblical interpretation.
- We also aim to equip believers with apologetic tools.
- Our educational program helps build solid biblical foundations for one’s faith rooted both in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
- Courses are grounded in solid academic scholarship and geared towards practical application.
- Lectures are conducted in an interactive and engaging manner. Student participation is encouraged!
- Students are provided with free supplemental course materials.
- Each lecture runs once a week for 60–90 minutes. The course duration varies.
- No homework, no quizzes.
- All lectures are recorded and available to you. So, no worries if you miss a LIVE lecture!
- Registration fee to cover the costs of the video conference.
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
and+1(773) 451-5562 +1(312)-678-7418.
The course will be offered on Sunday at 8 pm (New York time).
Course Dates: February 9, 16, 23, March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12
If you have any concerns throughout the course, please email or call us! We will do our very best make your academic journey at Yesod Bible Center smooth and rewarding!
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 1 to 1.30 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes