THE MYSTERY OF GOD IN THE BIBLE
The Scripture tells us that the Creator of the universe is transcendent yet imminent and wants to be known. In this course, we will study key biblical texts where God gives us a glimpse on His essence and His ways of interaction with His creation. We will attempt to explore the following mysteries as revealed in the Hebrew Bible, the New Testament, and Second Temple sources: (1) How is the Holy Spirit manifested in the Hebrew Bible? (2) Is the Jewish Messiah presented as divine or human in the Hebrew Bible and Second Temple texts? (3) What do the Hebrew Bible and Second Temple literature reveal about the triune essence of God? (4) Can the God of the Bible be ascribed a particular gender? (5) Who are Metatron and Archangel Michael in light of Scripture and ancient Jewish sources? (6) How do different Messianic groups interpret the doctrine of God? We will also examine the attributes and names of the God of Israel, as well as address major theological deviations from the biblical faith in Judaism and Christianity throughout the centuries.
THE WAY IT WORKS
- All our classes are taught online LIVE via a simple, user-friendly, web-conferencing technology.
- Courses are designed for students of different confessional and academic backgrounds.
- Classes are taught in the Jewish context, employing ancient Semitic languages and history of biblical interpretation.
- We also aim to equip believers with apologetic tools.
- Our educational program helps build solid biblical foundations for one’s faith rooted both in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.
- Courses are grounded in solid academic scholarship and geared towards practical application.
- Lectures are conducted in an interactive and engaging manner. Student participation is encouraged!
- Students are provided with free supplemental course materials.
- Each lecture runs once a week for 60–90 minutes. The course duration varies.
- No homework, no quizzes.
- All lectures are recorded and available to you. So, no worries if you miss a LIVE lecture!
- Registration fee to cover the costs of the video conference.
If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
and+1(773) 451-5562 +1(312)-678-7418.
The course will be offered on Sundays at 8 pm (New York time).
Course Dates: January 17, 24, 31, February 7, 14, 21, 28, Mаrch 7, 14, 21
If you have any concerns throughout the course, please email or call us! We will do our very best make your academic journey at Yesod Bible Center smooth and rewarding!
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration From 1 to 1.30 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes
- Who is the God of the Bible?
- Does the Shema point to God’s compound unity?
- Is God feminine or masculine?
- Is the Messiah divine or human?
- Who or what is the arm of the LORD?
- What are the origins of the Two Powers theology?
- Who are Metatron and Archangel Michael?
- How should we interpret the words of Christ “You are gods”?
- What are the major theologies of God in Messianic Judaism?
- In what ways the New Testament appropriates biblical theologies of God?